All is going well with Nathaniel. He's a very happy little guy, content with looking around and watching the dogs play. He loves going out in the Baby Bjorn, and when we've had some warmer days, I've taken him outside to play with the dogs in the evenings. He's been sleeping up to 9 hours - not every night but several in a row - and I'm actually starting to feel like a human again. I've been back to work for a month, and we've been so fortunate to have a great sitter who keeps him during the day. She even sends me texts and pictures while I'm at work!
Other little tidbits on Nathaniel:
- He's hot natured like his parents.
- Almost everyday he gives a morning and evening dissertation that includes loud cooing at his mobile. He takes his speeches very seriously, complete with high-pitched noises and a furrowed brow.
- He enjoys being "punched" by his dad.
- He likes being held upside down (by his father, of course). Our Jack Russell, however, does not like this and gets very agitated until the baby is back to a full upright position.
- He likes sitting in the bumbo while I work in the kitchen. The only downside is that I get distracted by his cuteness and do things like leave the refrigerator door open or leave the water running. Whoops.
- He doesn't like tummy time but will tolerate it more now than he did a few weeks ago. We're working on it!
- He's advanced and very strong for his age, according to the doctor.
- His hair is growing in quickly, and even though we thought it was going to be dark like CJay's, it actually has red in it like mine.
- He moves a lot in his sleep. Really. I've provided a picture for proof. He starts in his little wedge that's supposed to keep him still, and ends up at the bottom of the crib. And no, moving him closer to the bottom didn't help.
Here are a few other 3-month-old pictures.